|Back to Back Issues Page|
Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter, Issue #007 -- A Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Celebration!
November 18, 2016
A Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Celebration!
In the USA, where I live, we celebrate a historical holiday called, "Thanksgiving", on the last Thursday in November each year.
Sharing our gluten-free Thanksgiving favorites with you is part of celebrating our gratitude for all the gifts autumn harvest-time showers upon us . . .
. . . the pleasures of a colorful season, the gift of plentitude that sustains us through until the next harvest (good health, clothing, and shelter), the love and support of family, friends, neighbors and community, and really great food.
To make holiday preparations less stressful here are a few tips you might find helpful:1. Plan your menu early in the month. Include items that will appeal to all age groups.
2. Make a grocery list based on your menu, and then through the month pick up non-perishables on sale.
3. Save money by making bulk purchases of non-perishables, or items you can freeze, to cover the whole winter holiday season, not just Thanksgiving.
4. Plan to get your grocery shopping done early in the season and preferably in the morning, when the store opens. You’ll avoid crowds and will find all the shelves nicely stocked, so you will be able to get everything on your list.
5. Shop sales and use coupons.
6. If a sale item is on your list and the grocery shelf is empty ask for help to find what you need. If the store is out of the item you request, ask for a “rain check” and pick up the item at its sale price on your next grocery store visit.
7. Cook as much as possible ahead of time and freeze until needed.
8. Make cooking the feast a family affair; it’s fun and a lot less work.
9. Include some non-gluten-free menu items for your guests.
10. Send your guests home with a small treat, holiday cookies, homemade candy or a decorative container of leftovers.
Thanksgiving Dinner Menu
St. Josef’s Pinot Gris
Trending on Social Media!It's all about cooking with excellent recipes . . . keys to delicious meals and scrumptious treats!
Gluten Free Waffle Recipe—Key to Imprint Breakfasts & More!
Top Picks by Visitors!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Recipe—Key to Spicy Goodness!
Find InspirationYou deserve mouthwatering gluten-free comfort food, LIKE GlutenFreeHomemade.com on Facebook and make your next meal unforgettable!
Cook with Grandma's Old Fashioned Touch!Follow @gfhomemade on Twitter for culinary adventures, gluten-free cooking tips and more!
Follow GlutenFreeHomemade.com on Pinterest!Share your pins!
See More!Now you can search for everything you need to create mouthwatering gluten-free food with Grandma's old fashioned touch!
If you have something to contribute to Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter or care to suggest an addition, please contact me.
|Back to Back Issues Page|