Chocolate Crinkles Recipe—A Decadent Gluten-free Cookie!
Updated May 20, 2017.
LOVE this Chocolate Crinkles Recipe! These decadent gluten-free Chocolate Crinkle cookies are so easy and so delicious . . . they’re a HUGE hit with family and friends!
When my family thinks of Christmas cookies, this is the recipe they’re talking about! For my husband, it’s a childhood memory come to life the moment the sugary powder and chocolaty wonderfulness hit his mouth.
Oh, so good . . . they are melt-in-your-mouth chocolate heaven!
Here are what some of my cookie testers say:
- “Mm-mm! To die for chewy goodness! Can I have another?"
- “These fudgy cookies are so easy to make . . . they look like turtle shells!”
- “Aah, the memories . . . I loved baking cookies at Christmas time with my Grandma.”
If you want something to rave about, then my gluten-free Chocolate Crinkles recipe is the one! Treasure it, because your family will remember the special time spent together enjoying soft and chewy goodness.
Make a batch ahead of time and freeze between layers of waxed paper.
Chocolate Crinkles make a great gift for any occasion. You can even layer the dry ingredients in a mason jar, cap it with a decorative lid and bow, and then attach a recipe card, crediting a link to my website . . . lovely cookies in a jar.
I don’t know which is more fun, making them or eating them?
Chocolate Crinkles Recipe
Time: 3 hours, 45 minutes, or overnight
Servings: 48 cookies
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, potato starch, baking powder and salt, and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together oil, melted chocolate and sugar.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing well between additions.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill dough at least 3 hours; overnight is best.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheets with non-stick parchment paper.
- Place powdered sugar into small bowl.
- Dough softens rapidly at room temperature, so working quickly; using a cookie scoop drop 1 scoop of cookie dough into powdered sugar, roll until covered.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Refrigerate cookie dough between batches.
- Do not overbake; cookies will look slightly underdone!
- Cool completely on baking sheet before removing.
Featured in . . .
What People are Saying!
More Christmas Cookies You Might Enjoy
Candy Cane Cookies
Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
Holiday Celebration Cookies
Holiday Chip Cookies
Peppermint Candy Sugar Cookies
Gluten Free Cookies Recipes
Chocolate Crinkles Recipe