Plump, golden brown Gluten Free Banana Bread inspires nostalgia and makes hearts glow . . .
. . . Imagine the aroma of a crusty loaf fresh from the oven.
Originally a tea-time and luncheon favorite, Banana Nut Bread can be a scrumptious snack treat, a special dessert, an extraordinary breakfast, or an accompaniment for a Sunday brunch.
Symbolic in nature, the ceremonial breaking of bread is a global gesture of family and friendship deeply rooted in human history, and is so poignant it transcends language and culture.
What would holidays be without its traditional breads: Pumpkin Bread at Thanksgiving, Gingerbread at Christmas, Challah for Rosh Hashanah or Easter Bread for Resurrection Day (that’s what we call Easter at our house)?
The versatility of quick breads extends to my Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe.
Instead of baking the batter as a loaf, bake in a greased cupcake tins to make Banana Nut Muffins.
Heat up the waffle iron, break out the softened butter and warm up the maple syrup for Banana Nut Waffles.
Dip slices of banana bread gluten free in a milk and egg wash, and then fry in butter until golden brown to make Banana Nut French Toast.
Double the recipe, bake in greased and floured round cake pans; when cooled, fill and frost layers with vanilla buttercream frosting, and then garnish the sides or top with chopped walnuts to make a rustic diner style Banana Nut Cake.
Deep fry narrow slabs of Banana Bread and dust with powdered sugar to make gourmet Banana Nut Doughnuts for your next coffee break.
Pour Petits Four Icing over Banana Bread cut into 1 ½ inch cubes. Garnish each with a toasted walnut half and serve with tea.
Let your creative juices flow . . . the possibilities are endless!
Gluten Free Banana Bread--Dairy Free, Egg Free
By Cat McMahon
Gluten-free or not, this is the yummiest Banana Bread ever! Small chunks of banana and crunchy bits of nuts make this wonderful tea bread burst with delicious flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 1 pound (8 x 4 inch) loaf pan, and then set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and add mashed bananas.
6. With an electric mixer, mix at medium speed for 1 ½ minutes.
7. Add chopped bananas and chopped walnuts.
8. With an electric mixer, mix at low speed until stirred in.
9. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
10. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
11. Cool completely in pan.
12. When cool, carefully remove from the pan, slice and serve.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com