Any way you dish it up, you’ll want a second helping of this irresistible gluten free gingerbread recipe!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Recipe—Key to Spicy Goodness!
By Cat McMahon
Mm-mm! If you love ginger,spice and everything nice, then this is the perfect Gingerbread. Shhh! Don't tell your friends and family it is gluten-free, because they won't be able to tell the difference!
- 2 1/4 cups, 560 ml Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup, 60 ml potato starch
- 1 teaspoon, 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon, 5 ml ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon, 5 ml baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon, 2.5 ml salt
- 2 eggs (or egg replacer)
- 1/2 cup, 125 ml butter, softened (or shortening)
- 2 tablespoons, 30 ml granulated white sugar
- 1 cup, 250 ml dark molasses
- 1 cup, 250 ml boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 325°F, 160°C, Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease and flour a 9 inch, 22 cm square baking dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, potato starch, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt until well blended.
4. In small bowl, beat eggs.
5. In a large mixing bowl add butter, sugar, molasses and boiling water; stir until butter is melted.
6. Add eggs and mix well.
7. Add flour mixture and beat well, until batter is smooth.
8. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
9. Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cut into 3 inch, 7.62 cm squares while in pan.
11. Serve hot.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com