Sign up for our FREE monthly Updates!
Pumpkin Bars Recipe--Gluten Free
Updated November 14, 2016.
This Pumpkin Bars Recipe is a scrumptious gluten-free indulgence your family will love!
Grandma’s recipes were so delicious we swore she slaved over the oven all day! But, quick and easy old-fashioned treats were something my Grandma specialized in.
Taking a cue from her ageless wisdom, I used one of my favorite vintage recipes to create this pumpkin bars recipe.
By substituting pumpkin puree for mashed bananas, adding my signature pumpkin pie spices and tweaking the base ingredients, these bar cookies quickly became a rich, moist family favorite.
You can make this recipe corn-free, dairy-free and egg-free, and still turn out a terrific product your family will clamor for!
I love the cool notes of the crème icing against the warm pumpkin spice flavors. They’re a perfect combination for a satisfying snack, or dessert on crisp autumn evenings.
Make this bar cookie recipe gourmet by frosting with Tastes Like Cheesecake Cream Cheese Frosting.
For that extra special touch, serve them with eggnog or hot spiced apple cider.
Pumpkin Bars Recipe
Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 36 cookie bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a jelly roll baking pan, 15x10x1 inches, with butter or a gluten-free non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until batter is set or golden brown.
- While warm, frost with Crème Icing.
Time: 5 minutes
Servings: enough to frost a 15x10 inch pan of cookie bars
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream or evaporated milk (or milk substitute)
- In a small mixing bowl, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- If necessary, thin icing with a small amount of cream until the consistency of cookie icing.
More Pumpkin Recipes You Might Enjoy
What People are Saying!
Home > Gluten Free Cookies Recipes > Pumpkin Bars Recipe