Pumpkin waffles are an American twist on a historic food favorite originating in 13th century England. Pumpkin lovers agree my gluten-free waffles are addictive!
Rich and flavorful, your family and friends will think you have slaved for hours! The spicy aroma makes your senses stand up and take notice. Did I just see you drool? Your mouth knows what it wants!
Perfect for holiday brunches or frigid winter mornings. Sunday supper guests will love this taste of autumn.
How can something so easy be so incredibly delicious?
They’ve even been labeled, “gourmet”!
No matter what waffle iron you choose, Belgian, antique or restaurant quality, gluten-free pumpkin waffles are foolproof. Keep them in a warm oven as you cook up a batch to dish up to your family all at once.
Make extra. These gluten-free waffles freeze well. For a quick weekday breakfast, pop frozen waffle sections into the toaster, or heat a whole waffle in the microwave oven, and then finish it off with your favorite toppings.
For sensitive individuals, this recipe is naturally corn-free and nut-free. It can be made egg-free or dairy-free and still result in a wonderful product.
Serve with softened butter and warm maple syrup, cinnamon honey butter, apricot jam, warm applesauce or cold whipped cream, with hot apple cider on the side.
Best Ever Pumpkin Waffles--Gluten Free
By Cat McMahon
Get the spicy sweet pie flavor you love in Pumpkin Waffles! Excellent recipe for making extra to freeze for a quick breakfast on a busy morning. Just pop them in the toaster and away you go!
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, milk, vinegar and vanilla extract, and then set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg, and then set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
4. Add pumpkin mixture and blend well.
5. Add melted butter and blend well.
6. Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and beat until well combined; batter will be very thick.
7. Set batter aside for 10 to 15 minutes before cooking to let the gluten-free flour absorb the liquid.
8. Bake in a hot seasoned waffle iron.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.