From America's favorite, yellow cake frosted with Chocolate Buttercream, to beautiful cakes looking and tasting like they were baked by an expert, you will find a special "best yellow cake recipe" variation to meet the needs of most any occasion.
There is no doubt, this will become your go-to best yellow cake recipe ever!
Best Yellow Cake Recipe Ever!
By Cat McMahon
Use this delicious classic to create fabulous desserts your family and friends will love!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans or one 13 x 9 x 2 inch rectangular baking dish and dust with White Gluten Free Flour Blend, or line two standard 12-cup cupcake pans with paper baking cups.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and then set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, create the meringue by beating the egg whites until foamy; add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar and beat until soft peaks form, and then set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, vegetable oil and 1 cup granulated white sugar.
6. Blend in egg yolks.
7. Add flour mixture, sour milk and vanilla extract, and blend just until batter is fluffy; DO NOT OVER BEAT.
8. Gently fold in meringue.
9. Evenly spread cake batter into prepared cake pans.
10. Bake round layers 30 minutes, rectangular layer 35 minutes, cupcakes 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven and cool completely in cake pans on wire racks.
12. Fill layers and frost as desired, or fill layers with Clear Lemon Filling, and frost top and sides with Buttercream; and then garnish top and sides with toasted gluten-free flaked coconut.
Berry Meringue Cake
Prepare 1/2 batter, and then bake and cool cake layer as directed in key recipe.
For Lord Baltimore Cake filling, combine 1 1/2 cups Pink Buttercream, 1/2 cup toasted gluten-free coconut flakes, 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans, 1/4 cup tasted chopped almonds and 1/4 cup pitted, chopped Maraschino cherries.
Fill layers and frost top with Lord Baltimore Cake filling.
Frost sides with remaining Pink Buttercream.
Maple Nut Cake
Omit vanilla extract.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free maple flavoring.
Prepare batter as directed in key recipe.
Stir in 1/2 cup chopped butternuts (or walnuts).
Prepare, bake and cool cake layers as directed in key recipe.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.