FREE!Make your day delicious! Get the "Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter".Click here!
FTC Disclosure: When you make a purchase via an affiliate link, GlutenFreeHomnemade.com may earn a commission on the transaction at no added cost to you.
Blueberry Crisp Recipe—Gluten Free
Updated April 25, 2018.
Just reading about this Blueberry Crisp recipe is enough to make your mouth water!
It is a blueberry season family favorite and a perfect summertime celebration dessert.
Fresh flavorful blueberries tease the tongue in a crunchy, fruity confection, not to mention the trademark berry aroma wafting through the house.
This quick and easy to make Blueberry Crisp recipe makes a wonderful dessert for beginning cooks who wish to impress.
Better still, it uses simple ingredients usually stored in gluten-free pantries.
Rich and delicious, it presents as beautifully as it tastes, especially when served in a fancy dish and topped with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream or a scoop of yummy homemade vanilla ice cream.
It is an old fashioned dessert and a surprisingly delightful comfort food.
Blueberries are more than scrumptious; they are a super-food, loaded with antioxidants, bioflavonoids, Vitamins C and K, and manganese.
Can you think of better way to add outstanding nutrition to your diet?
Make a double batch, because friends and family will clamor for second and third helpings!
Bake a another batch and freeze to have on hand when unexpected guests drop by for a special visit; just thaw and serve.
A double batch of this Blueberry Crisp recipe is a marvelous take along to any picnic or potluck gathering.
Here is a secret.
I love the Fruit Crisp Topping, so I always double that part of the recipe!
Blueberry Crisp Recipe--Gluten Free
By Cat McMahon
Perfect! That is what this gluten-free Blueberry Crisp recipe is; the perfect dessert for elegant dinner parties, picnics, potlucks, cookouts and campfire treats!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup precooked granulated tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, ground cinnamon and salt.
3. Evenly spread blueberry filling in an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
2. Add butter and cut in until mixture turns into a crumble.
3. Sprinkle evenly over blueberry filling.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
5. Remove from oven and let set up for 15 minutes.
6. Serve warm with cream, fresh whipped cream or serve cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.