FREE!Make your day delicious! Get the "Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter".Click here!
Chicken Paprikash Recipe--Gluten Free
This mouthwatering Chicken Paprikash recipe is classic Hungarian comfort food, traditionally served over hot buttered egg noodles.
Now you can make it gluten-free!
Most chicken recipes utilizing the braising cookery method begin by dredging chicken pieces in seasoned flour before browning in hot vegetable oil.
Eliminating seasoned flour makes this Chicken Paprikash recipe, gluten-free.
You will not miss it!
Browning brings out flavors from deep within the meat.
After browning the chicken, and then setting it aside, build a highly seasoned pan sauce, return the chicken to the skillet, cover and let the concoction simmer until the meat was tender.
Braising infuses the chicken meat with a delightful “punch” of complex flavors and bright eye appeal.
When you stir in lovely sour cream, the piquant aroma wafting from your kitchen will draw family members to the dinner table, clamoring to dig in and sample its yumminess!
Dish it up on a bed of hot buttered egg noodles artfully arranged on a decorative serving platter, and then garnish it with snipped fresh parsley.
The presentation is elegant.
Consider tweaking the flavor nuances in this Chicken Paprikash recipe by using smoked paprika or substituting fresh ground black pepper for cayenne.
Instead of hot buttered egg noodles, serve this historic main dish over hot cooked rice, gluten-free spaetzle or boiled potatoes.
For a wonderful meal packed with nutrition, serve this Chicken Paprikash recipe with a green salad of head lettuce and sliced cucumbers tossed with Oil and Vinegar Dressing, chilled pickled beets on the side and Floating Island for dessert.
Chicken Paprikash Recipe--Gluten Free
By Cat McMahon
Amazing! This tasty Chicken Paprikash recipe is easy to make and cooks up in just under 1 hour; perfect for dinner parties and weeknight meals.
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, snipped
1. Sprinkle chicken pieces on all sides with salt and cayenne.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat until shimmering.
3. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
4. Remove chicken from the Dutch oven, and then set aside.
5. To Dutch oven, add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent, but not browned.
6. Sprinkle paprika over cooked onion and stir until combined.
7. Add browned chicken to Dutch oven, turning each piece to coat in onion-paprika mixture.
8. In a liquid measuring cup, combine white wine and chicken stock.
9. Pour chicken stock mixture around chicken pieces.
10. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
11. Cover and adjust heat to maintain a simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
12. Remove chicken to a serving platter.
13. Cover chicken to keep warm, and then set aside.
14. Over medium low heat, stir sour cream into pan sauce until smooth and heated through; DO NOT BOIL.
15. Pour sauce over chicken pieces.
16. Garnish with snipped fresh parsley.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.