This gluten-free Chicken Piccata recipe is so exceptionally elegant you will not believe it is a quick and easy main dish made from simple ingredients commonly stocked in your kitchen!
Use a vegetable peeler to easily pull capers from their narrow neck bottle. The brine will neatly drain back into the jar as you lift out the capers.
Imagine succulent, juicy meat bathed in a piquant sauce provocatively slipping over your tongue and teasing your taste buds; the alluring aroma scintillates your senses.
Your eyes slide heavenward.
A sigh escapes your lips and you melt at the awesomeness of this luscious lemony dish.
It tastes so good!
If you want a gourmet dinner that makes a gorgeous presentation for guests and that cooks up quickly to satisfy a hungry family on busy weeknights, then this Chicken Piccata recipe is what you are looking for.
Keep a bottle of capers on a refrigerator shelf and have a fresh lemon or two on hand, because you will want to cook this incredibly easy Chicken Piccata recipe often!
For a sophisticated Italian dinner filled with health building nutrition, get things off to a deliziso start with a classic antipasto platter and create a Mediterranean ambiance with tasteful background music.
Enjoy a light second course of Italian Salad tossed with Italian Dressing, and then pour chilled Pinot Grigio for adults and icy Italian Sodas for children.
- 1/2 cup White Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half crosswise and pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- chicken stock (optional)
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- parsley sprigs
1. In a large plastic bag, combine flour, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
2. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering over medium high heat.
4. Carefully add dredged chicken pieces to the hot oil.
5. Cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
6. Reduce heat to medium.
7. Push the chicken to the sides and add butter to center of pan.
8. Add onion and sauté just until onion is translucent.
9. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
10. Increase heat to medium high.
11. Add wine, lemon juice, capers and chopped parsley, and cook until sauce thickens.
12. If sauce is too thick or more sauce is desired, add chicken stock or water.
13. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs.