FREE!Make your day delicious! Get the "Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter".Click here!
Creamed Chicken Recipe
Updated April 12 , 2018.
On the table in 30 minutes, this Creamed Chicken recipe is a delicious quick and easy weeknight meal, and is elegant enough to serve house guests anytime!
When you have not enough meat leftover to serve your family another full meal, this is the comfort food recipe to turn to.
This outstanding recipe is a perfect meat extender.
Meat is the most expensive food budget item.
Stretching that meat over the course of several meals, makes those precious food dollars stretch farther.
The versatility of our Creamed Chicken recipe is limited only by your creativity.
Stir in some leftover vegetables, such as 1 cup of broccoli,
cabbage, corn or peas.
Have fun with seasonings; try caraway or
Substitute your favorite poultry or game bird for the
chicken, such as turkey, quail or pheasant.
Traditionally served over biscuits, you can make this
Creamed Chicken recipe gourmet by serving it over gluten-free English muffins,
homemade noodles, puffed pastry, rice, waffles or Yorkshire Pudding.
You have a wonderful new menu item to serve your family.
For a nutrition packed meal serve this Creamed Chicken recipe
with sautéed summer squash, a crudité of carrots, celery, dill pickles, black
olives and scallions, and a Sour Cream Mayonnaise sprinkled with chopped fresh
chives for dipping on the side.
Creamed Chicken Recipe
By Cat McMahon
Timesaving! This Creamed Chicken recipe is yummy comfort food your family will love!
- 6 tablespoons White Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter (shortening or vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or sherry
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream (or milk substitute)
1. In a small bowl>, combine flour, thyme, salt, dry mustard, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper, and then set aside.
2. In a large saucepan> over medium high heat, melt butter.
3. Add onion and sauté until onions are softened and cooked through.
4. Stir in flour mixture; cook until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in wine, scraping up bits from bottom of pan.
6. Gradually add chicken stock, whisking in rapidly.
7. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes; stir constantly and be careful sauce does not boil.
8. Stir in chicken and simmer for 3 minutes more.
9. Reduce heat to medium low.
10. Stir in cream until heated through.
11. Serve hot.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.