- one 12 ounce loaf gluten-free bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk (or milk substitute)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
3. Spread bread cubes in bottom of baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the chopped apples evenly across the top.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
6. Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
7. Beat until well blended.
8. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes.
9. In a small mixing bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
10. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture over the top of casserole.
11. Dot top of casserole with cold diced butter.
12. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.