Cook up this delicious budget-friendly General Tso's Chicken recipe, and you will never buy Chinese restaurant take-out again!
Simple to make and healthier, with all the flavors you crave.
Golden chicken tossed in a yummy sauce touched with the spicy heat China's Hunan Province is known for; just right, not too fiery.
It is a keeper!
You will love this quick and easy stir-fry version, no deep-frying, perfect for busy weeknight meals.
For a health building meal with complete nutrition, serve General Tso's Chicken recipe over rice, with steamed bok choy and honey glazed carrot coins on the side, and baked custard garnished with fresh berries for dessert.
NOTE: Adapted from Martin Yan's recipe.
General Tso's Chicken Recipe--Gluten Free
By Cat McMahon
Fantastic! Your family will rave about this gluten-free General Tso's Chicken recipe!
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wine, soy sauce, potato starch.
2. Stir in chicken, and then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine chicken stock, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar, and then set sauce aside.
4. In a small bowl, stir potato starch into the cold water until it dissolves, and then set aside.
5. In a wok or large skillet, heat vegetable oil until shimmering over high heat.
6. Add chiles and chicken with marinade, and stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
7. Add garlic, ginger, scallions and crushed red pepper, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
8. Add sauce and peanuts, and bring to a simmer.
9. Add potato starch mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, or until sauce thickens.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.