- 2 apples
- 4 tablespoons, heaping, dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 8 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash each apple and slice in half.
3. With a melon ball cutter, pare out the core.
4. Place the apple halves in ungreased cake pan or pie plate.
5. Top each apple with 1 heaping tablespoon dark brown sugar.
6. Add 1 tablespoon cold butter.
7. Pour over each apple half 2 teaspoons maple syrup, or to taste.
8. Sprinkle the tops with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste.
9. Cover cake pan with foil.
10. Bake 45 minutes or until apple halves are a little puffy and fork tender.
11. If using softer apples, for example, Gala or Golden Delicious, bake for 30 minutes.
12. Serve hot or chill and serve cold.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.