Gluten Free Blueberry Buckle is a delicious old-time blueberry coffee cake. When we pull it fresh from the oven during blueberry season, this yummy favorite disappears fast!
In my childhood home, it was a once-a-year treat served warm for Sunday morning breakfast, filling our tummies with memorable blueberry lusciousness that sustained us through late morning church service.
Stuffed with scrumptious blueberries, this old fashioned blueberry tea cake, as it was once known, makes a stunning summer dessert your family, friends and guests will enjoy.
Leftovers, if you have any, can be packed up and put into lunch boxes or can be served for an after school snack.
Unlike many gluten-free baked goods that appear different than their wheat-based cousins, have grainy textures, fall apart if you breathe on them and then taste like saw dust . . .
. . . this rich, gotta-have-more-because-it-tastes-so-good gluten-free coffee cake is a prize winner!
You can’t tell it from the wheat-based original!
In fact, my test panel says it’s so much better!
Quick to put together and easy to make, this no-fail recipe results in a fluffy blueberry coffee cake with a tender crumb. Gluten Free Blueberry Buckle makes a beautiful presentation . . . folks will clamber for more!
Gluten Free Blueberry Buckle
By Cat McMahon
Quick and easy, this no-fail recipe results in a mouthwatering fluffy blueberry coffee cake. Family and friends will love it!
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup White Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1 tablespoon pats (or shortening)
1. In a food processor, mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
3. Set aside to use later.
- 1 3/4 cup White Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Homemade Gluten-free Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature (or shortening)
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 2 cups well-drained blueberries (fresh or frozen) dredged in 2 tablespoons flour.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 9 inch baking dish, and then set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl stir together until well combined, flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs to butter mixture and beat well.
6. Add milk to the egg mixture and mix well.
7. Stir in flour mixture until mixed well.
8. Gently fold in blueberries.
9. Evenly spread batter into prepared baking dish.
10. Sprinkle Crumb Topping over top of batter.
11. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes to set up before serving.
13. Serve warm.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.