- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (or shortening)
- 1 large egg (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In an electric stand mixer bowl, beat sugars and butter until fluffy.
2. Add egg and molasses; mix until blended.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture; stir until blended.
5. Tightly cover the cookie dough and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
8. Using a light touch of flour on a flat surface, roll out the Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies dough to just shy of 1/4 inch thickness.
9. Using a gingerbread cookie cutter, cut the dough into shaped cookies.
10. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
11. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are dry; do not over bake.
12. Cool on cookies sheets for 5 minutes.
13. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
14. Decorate gluten free gingerbread cookies with cookie icing, raisins and gluten-free cinnamon candies.
* Recipe adapted from, The Gingerbread Man, retold by Eric A. Kimmel.