- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (or shortening)
- 1 large egg (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In an electric stand mixer bowl, beat sugars and butter until fluffy.
2. Add egg and molasses; mix until blended.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture; stir until blended.
5. Tightly cover the cookie dough and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
8. Using a light touch of flour on a flat surface, roll out the Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies dough to just shy of 1/4 inch thickness.
9. Using a gingerbread cookie cutter, cut the dough into shaped cookies.
10. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
11. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are dry; do not over bake.
12. Cool on cookies sheets for 5 minutes.
13. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
14. Decorate gluten free gingerbread cookies with cookie icing, raisins and cinnamon candies.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.