Any way you dish it up, you’ll want a second helping of this irresistible gluten free gingerbread recipe!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Recipe—Key to Spicy Goodness!
By Cat McMahon
Mm-mm! If you love ginger,spice and everything nice, then this is the perfect Gingerbread. Shhh! Don't tell your friends and family it is gluten-free, because they won't be able to tell the difference!
- 2 1/4 cups Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup gluten-free potato starch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (or egg replacer)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (or shortening)
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Grease and flour a 9 inch square baking dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, potato starch, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt until well blended.
4. In small bowl, beat eggs.
5. In a large mixing bowl add butter, sugar, molasses and boiling water; stir until butter is melted.
6. Add eggs and mix well.
7. Add flour mixture and beat well, until batter is smooth.
8. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
9. Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cut into 3 inch squares while in pan.
11. Serve hot.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.