- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Gluten-free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened (or shortening)
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- 1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 2 pound (10 x 5 inch) loaf pan
3. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, salt, allspice, cloves and nutmeg, until well blended.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and brown sugar, and whip until mixture is fluffy.
5. Add eggs, and beat until combined.
6. Add pumpkin puree and orange juice, and then beat to mix well.
7. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, and then beat until well combined.
8. Stir in chopped nuts and raisins.
9. Spread batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
10. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven and cool completely in loaf pan.
12. Remove from loaf pan.
13. Garnish top of gluten free pumpkin bread with Crème Icing.
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, corn-free
- 1/4 teaspoon Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or evaporated milk (or milk substitute)
1. In a small mixing bowl, blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. If necessary, thin icing with a small amount of cream until the consistency of cookie icing.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.