Gluten free Yorkshire Pudding is a dramatic dinner bread that rises up the sides of a baking dish when it cooks in the oven, resulting in a tender center with delicious crispy edges.
Traditionally, the English serve it as a roast beef accompaniment.
There is no doubt, this delightful puffy bread makes any occasion extra special!
Have No Fear!
Many cooks are intimidated by the fantastic appearance of beautiful gluten free Yorkshire Pudding, but it is a very easy food to make.
Turn simple pantry staples (gluten-free corn starch, salt, eggs and milk) into a mouthwatering dinner bread your family and friends will love so much, even second helpings won't satisfy their cravings!
You can bake this miraculous custard-based bread, because gluten-free ingredients and techniques are built into the recipe, so it comes out perfect every time!
Store leftover gluten free Yorkshire Pudding in the refrigerator or tightly wrap cooled Yorkshire Pudding and freeze.
To reheat, thaw gluten free Yorkshire Pudding, loosely wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350°F (180°C, Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes or until warmed through.
How to Make Gluten Free Yorkshire Pudding
By Cat McMahon
Gluten free Yorkshire Pudding has never been easier than with this quick and easy recipe!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 cup gluten-free corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup meat drippings or butter (shortening or vegetable oil)
1. When roast beef has come to temperature, remove from oven.
2. Spoon off meat drippings and add butter, if needed, to measure 1/4 cup.
3. Cover roast with foil and let rest.
4. Preheat oven to 425°F.
5. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with the full measure of meat drippings, and then set aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with an electric hand mixer on high speed for 1 minute.
7. Add milk, corn starch and salt, and beat on high speed for 1 minute until batter is smooth; scrape sides often.
8. Heat greased baking dish in oven for 2 to 5 minutes, just until drippings begin to sizzle.
9. Remove baking dish from oven.
10. Pour batter into hot baking dish, about 1/2 inch deep.
11. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
12. DO NOT open the oven while baking or over-bake!
13. Cut into squares and serve hot on the side with sliced roast beef.