- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme herb
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- salt to taste
1. In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, melt butter.
2. Sauté onion, carrots and celery until tender.
3. Stir in dry mustard.
4. Add chicken.
5. Stir in chicken stock.
6. Add bay leaves, thyme leaves and black pepper.
7. Quickly bring soup to a rolling boil.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Stir in dried mashed potato flakes until dissolved and soup thickens.
10. Add salt to taste.
11. Stir in parsley.
12. Serve hot.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.