- 12 6-inch gluten-free corn tortillas
- 1 recipe Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless fish fillets, patted dry and cut into strips, 4 inches long and 1 inch wide (cod, halibut, haddock, pollack or salmon)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 head cabbage, shredded fine
- 1 tomato, diced
- Chipotle Aïoli
- 1 avocado, skinned, pitted and sliced
- Lime Crème (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 3 limes cut into 4 wedges each
1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
2. Wrap tortillas in foil and place on oven rack to warm.
3. In a zip top plastic bag, shake together Taco Seasoning and fish until all pieces are covered.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until shimmering.
5. Add seasoned fish and sauté just until fish turns opaque all the way through, about 3 to 4 minutes; turn halfway through cooking time.
6. Remove fish from skillet and let drain on paper towel-lined plate.
7. To assemble tacos, spread tortillas with Chipotle Aïoli.
8. Add 1 piece of fish to each tortilla.
9. Sprinkle shredded cabbage and diced tomato over top of fish.
10. Garnish each taco with a slice of avocado, a drizzle of Lime Crème and a sprinkle of cilantro.
11. Serve with a lime wedge and salsa on the side.