Impossible Taco Pie is our gluten-free take on Bisquick’s™ "Impossibly Easy Taco Pie", a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy!
There are so many meals you can make with this delicious and satisfying key recipe!
Do you like your Impossible Taco Pie hot and spicy?
Use canned or fresh diced jalapeños instead of canned green chiles.
Change up the flavors by using ground turkey, chicken or pork instead of ground beef.
Go further and change up the cheese, too.
Use queso fresco, Monterey jack or a gluten-free shredded Mexican cheese blend.
Make it fun by topping your Impossible Taco Pie with crushed gluten-free tortilla chips and serve with pico de gallo on the side.
Spice up your Impossible Taco Pie by serving some salsa on the side or cool it down by dropping a dollop of sour cream or guacamole in the center.
Surprise your family with a new Impossible Taco Pie variation to this weekday standby!
For a complete nutritious meal, serve Impossible Taco Pie garnished with traditional taco toppings, shredded green cabbage, chopped tomatoes, chopped scallions, sliced black olives, and the serve fresh pineapple chunks for dessert.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can chopped green chiles (4 ounces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk (or milk substitute)
- 3/4 cup Homemade Gluten Free Biscuit Mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a pie plate, and then set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and cook onion until translucent.
4. Drain fat from meat mixture.
5. Stir in taco seasoning, cilantro and green chiles.
6. Spread meat mixture into prepared pie plate.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
8. Blend in milk and biscuit mix until smooth.
9. Pour egg mixture over meat mixture in pie plate.
10. Spread shredded cheese over top.
11. Bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Remove from oven and let set up 10 minutes before serving.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.