- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium celery stalks with leaves, diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cooked white cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup uncooked gluten-free pasta (rotini, macaroni, shells or broken spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or cheese substitute)
1. To a soup pot, add carrots, celery, summer squash, zucchini, onion, potato, cabbage, garlic, rosemary, basil, vegetable broth, canned tomatoes and bay leaf.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in beans and uncooked gluten-free pasta, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
4. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and parsley.
5. Serve Minestrone Soup recipe garnished with Parmesan cheese.