This Pumpkin Bars Recipe is a scrumptious gluten-free indulgence your family will love!
Grandma’s recipes were so delicious we swore she slaved over the oven all day!
But, quick and easy old-fashioned treats were something my Grandma specialized in.
Taking a cue from her ageless wisdom, I used one of my favorite vintage recipes, Banana Bars, to create this pumpkin bars recipe.
By substituting pumpkin puree for mashed bananas, adding Grandma's signature pumpkin pie spices and tweaking the base ingredients, these bar cookies quickly became a rich, moist family favorite.
You can make this recipe corn-free, dairy-free and egg-free, and still turn out a terrific product your family will clamor for!
I love the cool notes of the crème icing against the warm pumpkin spice flavors.
They are a perfect combination for a satisfying snack or dessert on crisp autumn evenings.
Make this bar cookie recipe gourmet by frosting with cream cheese frosting.
For that extra special touch, serve them with eggnog or hot spiced apple cider.
Pumpkin Bars Recipe--Gluten Free
By Cat McMahon
Enjoy scrumptious spicy pumpkin pie flavor in a quick and easy cookie bar that will delight family and friends. Psst! They will think you slaved over a hot oven all day; that's how great these gluten-free cookie bars are!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare a jelly roll pan, 15x10x1 inches, with butter or gluten-free non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
4. Add eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, and mix until light and fluffy.
5. In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
6. Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
7. Stir in chopped nuts.
8. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
9. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until batter is set or golden brown.
10. While warm, frost with Crème Icing.