- 4 to 5 cups stale or toasted gluten-free bread cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered milk (omit for dairy-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Fill the prepared casserole dish with the gluten-free bread cubes.
4. Sprinkle the raisins over top of bread cubes, and then set aside.
5. In a small mixing bowl stir together brown sugar, powdered milk, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and salt, until well blended, and then set aside.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
7. Add pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract and the spiced sugar mixture, and then beat until mixture is smooth.
8. Pour the pumpkin custard over the bread cubes.
9. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until table knife inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Let Pumpkin Bread Pudding set up on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
11. Serve warm or cold.