1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, potato starch, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. To the sugar mixture, add pumpkin puree and egg, and then beat well.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
7. Using a light touch of flour on a flat surface, roll out the dough to just shy of 1/4 inch thickness.
8. Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut the dough into shaped cookies
9. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto lined cookie sheet.
10. Let rest uncovered for 30 minutes to 1 hour; this helps the cookies keep their shape when baking.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are dry and just turning golden brown.
12. Cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes.
13. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
14. Decorate cookies with Orange Cookie Icing and colored sugars or decorative sprinkles.
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies dough can be frozen. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.