FREE!Make your day delicious! Get the "Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter".Click here!
Gluten-free Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Updated May 29, 2018
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are “the perfect gluten-free cookie”, a GlutenFreeHomemade.com original recipe!
The subtle pumpkin flavor melds with our signature pumpkin pie spice. Coupled with a special gluten-free cookie dough, the resulting cookie has a mouthwatering crispy crust with a tender crumb.
Use your favorite cookie cutters to create shapes to fit the occasion.
Then, set out the cookie icings and garnishes.
Decorating this terrific treat is fun for the whole family.
Make these yummy cookies part of your autumn season celebrations!
Gluten-free Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
By Cat McMahon
Pumpkin and spice, and everything sweetly nice make the the best pumpkin sugar cookies ever . . . so delicious, friends and family won't know these cookies are gluten-free!
Prep Time: 1 1/4 hours Cook Time: 50 minutes Yield:36 to 60 cookies, depending on size
- 3 cups White Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold butter (or shortening)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin puree
- 1 egg (or equivalent egg replacer)
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, potato starch, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. To the sugar mixture, add pumpkin puree and egg, and then beat well.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
7. Using a light touch of flour on a flat surface, roll out the dough to just shy of 1/4 inch thickness.
8. Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut the dough into shaped cookies
9. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto lined cookie sheet.
10. Let rest uncovered for 30 minutes to 1 hour; this helps the cookies keep their shape when baking.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are dry and just turning golden brown.
12. Cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes.
13. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
14. Decorate cookies with Orange Cookie Icing and colored sugars or decorative sprinkles.
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies dough can be frozen. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.