- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cup Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Gluten-free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, milk, vinegar and vanilla extract, and then set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg, and then set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
4. Add pumpkin mixture and blend well.
5. Add melted butter and blend well.
6. Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and beat until well combined; batter will be very thick.
7. Set batter aside for 10 to 15 minutes before cooking to let the gluten-free flour absorb the liquid.
8. Bake in a hot seasoned waffle iron.