Black Friday Flash Sale!
Avoid the shopping crowds. Start an online business instead. Next year you'll be able to spend more time at home with your family and shower them with gifts from your earnings!
Shamrock Cookies are Gluten-free Irish Charm!
Updated June 24, 2017.
There are shamrock cookies; you know the ones I mean, the professional looking, beautifully decorated sugar cookie cutouts gracing holiday celebrations . . .
. . . and then there are Shamrock Cookies, sweet melt-in-your mouth molded creations with Grandma’s homemade touch!
To create these Irish inspired delights, I took cues from Gluten Free Sugar Cookies—Key Recipe to Incredible Cutout Cookies, a world class recipe that passed the “cookie” test with friends, family and co-workers who thought they were eating the real thing.
By increasing the gluten-free flour content of the dough, these otherwise flat cutouts were launched into a new dimension . . . 3-D!
Fashioning small round dough balls and chilling them before baking, produces charming puff-leafed Shamrocks.
Add a magical sparkle with a sprinkling of green colored sugar.
Not just for St. Patrick’s Day, make these cute Cookies any time of year when you need a touch of Irish cheer.
Time: 3 hours
Servings: 36 cookies
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together White Gluten Free Four Blend, potato starch and sea salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- To the sugar mixture, add vanilla extract and egg, and then beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Add green food coloring to desired tint and mix well.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into 126 balls and place on baking sheet.
- (Optional: If desired, roll 108 balls in green sugar, setting aside 18 un-sugared balls to be used later to make shamrock stems.)
- Refrigerate dough balls for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut 18 balls in half and roll each half into a short finger for stems.
- For each cookie gently press together 3 dough balls with one stem on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place cookies at least 1 inch apart.
- Garnish each cookie center with a generous sprinkling of green colored sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are dry, just before turning golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookie dough can be frozen. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
More Irish Inspired Recipes You Might Enjoy
Bailey's Irish Cream Custard
Bangers and Mash Recipe
Irish Soda Bread
What People are Saying!
Gluten Free Cookies Recipes