- 3 cups White Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- gluten-free green food coloring
- gluten-free green colored sugar sprinkles
1. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, potato starch and salt, and then set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. To the sugar mixture, add vanilla extract and egg, and then beat well.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
6. Add green food coloring to desired tint and mix well.
7. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into 126 balls and place on prepared cookie sheets.
8. (Optional: if desired, roll 108 balls in green sugar, setting aside 18 un-sugared balls to be used later to make shamrock stems.)
9. Refrigerate dough balls for 1 hour.
10. (Optional: cookie dough balls can be frozen; thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking.)
11. Preheat oven to 350°F.
12. Cut 18 dough balls in half and roll each half into a short finger for stems.
13. For each cookie, gently press together 3 dough balls with one stem, placing cookies at least 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.
14. Garnish each cookie center with a generous sprinkling of green colored sugar.
15. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are dry, just before turning golden brown.
16. Cool on cool sheets for 10 minutes.
17. Using wire racks to cool completely.
Thank You for Your Support! When you make a purchase via a link on this website, we may earn a small commission on the transaction at no added cost to you, which helps to keep the information and recipes on GlutenFreeHomemade.com FREE for your use. See our Affiliate Products and Services statement.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program (Canada), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
GlutenFreeHomemade.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (USA), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.