Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe--Key to Gluten-free Breakfast Treats!
Updated December 10, 2018.
If you are looking for a rich, cinnamony Streusel Coffee Cake recipe, then you have come to the right place, because this one is a temptingly delicious, gluten-free breakfast treat!
Always a homey breakfast favorite, Streusel Coffee Cake is perfect for an elegant brunch or as a fragrant dessert.
Spice up your next meal with one of the many variations or create your own irresistible variation from the key recipe.
With so many to choose from, you can enjoy a delicious coffee cake anytime!
Coffee Cake Tips
ALWAYS read labels to make sure all ingredients are truly gluten-free as sources of products often change.
Coffee cake is best served warm.
Cover cooled coffee cake and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Warm up servings of leftover coffee cake in the microwave oven for 10 to 15 seconds on high to resurrect the wonderful fresh-from-the-oven flavor.
Make your favorite variation ahead of time and freeze it.
Coffee cake will keep well in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Coffee cakes make excellent hostess gifts; wrap coffee cake in plastic wrap and place it in a box decorated with a pretty bow.
Change up the flavor nuance of the streusel topping by using different granulated sugars, such as coconut sugar, date sugar or maple sugar.
Use flavored butters or varieties of nuts, such as walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds or pecans.
For an extra crunchy streusel, toast nuts before using.
For coffee cake variations using cooking apples, choose varieties best for pies, such as Cortland, Duchess, Empire, Ginger Gold, Golden Russet, Golden Supreme, Granny Smith, Grimes Golden, Honeycrisp, Jonathan, Jonagold, Macouns, Northern Spy, Pippins, Rome, Winesap.
Our family favorite cooking apple is the old fashioned Gravenstein variety.
Instead of baking coffee cake in a baking dish or cake pan, make coffee cake in a prepared 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; let cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
Serve coffee cake with steaming breakfast beverages such as, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, spiced cider, etc.
Nix the ordinary and choose something fancy; dish up cheesy scrambled eggs or your favorite omelet with coffee cake on the side instead of toast or pancakes.
Dress up servings of coffee cake with fresh fruit, a dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar or drizzle the top with your favorite powdered sugar glaze or cookie icing.
Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe--Key to Gluten Free Breakfast Treats
By Cat McMahon
Would you care for some coffee or tea? We're dishing up a warm gluten-free streusel coffee cake recipe, fresh from the oven. Mm-mm! The enticingly delicious aroma is mouthwatering!
Coffee Cake Batter Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish and dust with White Gluten Free Flour Blend.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and then set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
5. Blend in the eggs.
6. Add flour mixture and milk, and blend just until batter is fluffy; DO NOT OVER BEAT.
7. Evenly spread 1/2 of coffee cake batter into bottom of prepared baking dish.
8. Sprinkle 1/2 of streusel over coffee cake batter.
9. Carefully spread 1/2 of coffee cake batter over top of streusel.
10. Garnish top of coffee cake batter with remaining streusel.
11. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Remove from oven and let set up for 10 minutes.
13. Slice into servings and serve warm.