FREE!Make your day delicious! Get the "Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter".Click here!
FTC Disclosure: When you make a purchase via an affiliate link, GlutenFreeHomnemade.com may earn a commission on the transaction at no added cost to you.
Teriyaki Sauce Recipe--Key to Gluten-free Asian Dishes
This amazingly quick and easy gluten-free Teriyaki Sauce recipe is like magic, turning mundane meat into extraordinary eats!
You will find this recipe so good it will become your family's go-to sauce for speedy weeknight meals.
The wonderful salty-sweetness is perfect for use as a stir fry sauce, a dipping sauce, as a glaze for grilled, or roasted meats or as a marinade for infusing rich flavor.
Brush it on all kinds of grilled foods, especially kebabs.
Give it a Hawaiian flare by adding pineapple chunks.
Make it thick or thin to suit your palate.
Turn up the heat by adding more red pepper flakes.
Check out the recipe variations below for more ideas.
Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
By Cat McMahon
Any way you cook it up, this gluten-free Teriyaki Sauce recipe is outstanding Asian cuisine!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Yield:1 cup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce (or Bragg's Aminos, gluten free shoyu or tamari sauces)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon mirin (sherry or white wine)
1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and potato starch.
2. Stir in ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
3. Add gluten-free soy sauce, honey and mirin.
4. Over medium high heat, bring sauce to a slow boil; stir constantly.
5. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 1 minute more or until sauce thickens.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Serve warm.